PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
position facilitates the prior authorization or therapeutic interchange process
by coordinating with physicians, facility teammates and pharmacists to ensure that forms are completed and received
before prescriptions are filled and that all applicable laws, regulations and
company policies related to prescription fulfillment are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of
this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Contact insurance companies as
required to obtain insurance company preference between Therapeutic
Interchange or Prior Authorization; which will be best and most cost
efficient for the patient
- Research and resolve prescription
adjudication rejections to ensure patients receive medications within
established patient service standards
- Prioritize orders in rejection
queues; work each order timely and accurately to ensure patient service
standards are met
- Contact patients as necessary
regarding delays in receiving medication(s)
- Document all actions taken on each
order in Note-card system to ensure all DaVita Rx teammates know the
current status of each order
- Comply with all data entry
processing and procedures related to internal systems, databases and
- Answer calls received in the
insurance phone queues professionally and within established standards
- Maintain accurate and current
information as required in DaVita Rx spreadsheets for tracking and quality
- Work proactively and positively with
DaVita Rx teammates to ensure all orders are received and processed timely
and accurately each day
- Maintain strict confidentiality of
patient information in accordance with HIPAA and company policies
- Other duties as assigned including
but not limited to:
Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
Attend staff meetings, teleconferences and patient care
conferences as needed
Know, understand, and follow DaVita Rx teammate policies and
Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an
essential responsibility of this position
DaVita Rx badge at all times
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential
duties, include computer skills as required):
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Pharmacy Technician/Certified Pharmacy
Technician in Training preferred
- Minimum of 1 year's experience as a Pharmacy Technician
with experience in PBM, Mail Order or Specialty Pharmacy preferred
- Prior experience using RxExpress strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare Part D, Medicaid and
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in
Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
The DaVita Village is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.