The Vice President of Operations is responsible for the day to day management and oversight of the Laboratory processes, programs, and services of DaVita Labs. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel, and direction. Work closely with the General Manager to monitor operational performance in alignment with DaVita’s mission and values. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Drives operational objectives and work plans for the clinical laboratory
- Manages the operational budget and capital forecast
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement through effective and efficient communication cross-functionally throughout the lab and the Village
- Maintains knowledge of technological advancements in laboratory testing, computer applications and specialized instrumentation
- Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on Village goals and growth objectives including teammate and equipment needs
- Monitors and ensures compliance with quality control standards within CAP, CLIA, and other regulatory guidelines
- Provides leadership to direct reports:
- Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ progressive management experience required
- Seven to ten years’ proven experience successfully managing large scale, multi-site, multi-functional operations
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise required
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at strategic and operational levels required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
The DaVita Village is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.