GENERAL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
This position is a key member of DaVita’s field management team. This position is responsible for the general management and oversight of operations within the assigned division. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and direction to the field management of DaVita to ensure safe, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care. Additionally, this position identifies and develops strategic growth opportunities, monitors division performance, and works closely with Senior Vice President to develop competitive strategies in alignment with DaVita’s mission and values. Position has budget and P&L accountability.
Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports. Position has general, overall responsibility for teammate decisions within division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Develop and execute strategic operating plans and goals for assigned division
-Track metrics and success criteria including ROI for all activities
-Analyze current center trends impacting patient service delivery
-Review, analyze, and address gaps in service excellence, policies, and/or procedures proactively; identify issues and implement solutions
-Lead the creation and implementation of teammate development processes and succession planning including mentoring, coaching, and modeling appropriate leadership behaviors
• Manage financial and revenue growth, operations and labor management, contract management, and clinical outcomes within the division
• Fulfill broad-reaching, strategic responsibility for the development and implementation of proactive programs, operational improvements, communications, and other division-specific general management responsibilities related to all modalities (chronic, acute, PD, home) within the assigned division
-Lead the creation and implementation of DaVita’s operating strategies within all modalities based on the identification of Best Demonstrated Practices
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of competition; proactively assess related SWOT (division strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats); analyze and implement effective responses
• Use and leverage the DaVita acute strategy for entry into additional hospital joint ventures
• Participate actively in joint venture business meetings as applicable
• Lead the business development process for division operations
• Maintain a liaison relationship between the corporate office and field operations
• Develop positive work relationships with all levels of management and other departments in the Village; work collaboratively with field management, legal, finance,
• Maintain an open line of communication with the Sr. Vice President (SVP) regarding the oversight of Field Operations
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with physicians consistent with DaVita code of conduct and Compliance Commandments
• Build and maintain a team of knowledgeable, skilled teammates (including management) who function in compliance with all regulatory requirements and the DaVita mission and values
• Travel required: up to 50%
• Provide leadership to direct reports and strategic leadership to division
-Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
-Develop and foster a positive, fulfilling work environment within the division
-Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company
-Ensure effective implementation of all corporate programs including but not limited to annual manager bonus process, Triple Crown awards and goals, and CQI (continuous quality improvement) initiatives
• Identify and implement methods that enable all division teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment; develop and foster a positive work environment
-Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
-Review, analyze, and implement staffing plans that promote the most effective use of teammates
• Oversee and/or manage all teammate employment activity effectively and professionally including hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, compensation, teammate relations, disciplinary actions, and terminations
• Know, understand, follow, and implement wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment; ensure compliance with all laws and regulations including Teammate Health and Safety Training Program and DaVita healthcare clinical and safety standards
• Initiate strategic educational program development for division to ensure teammates remain up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to provide knowledgeable, accurate work output
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.