GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position provides facilities and maintenance support, including minor HVAC, plumbing, electrical, furniture set-up, etc. for a business office and facilitates fulfillment of teammate requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Perform routine and scheduled general maintenance activities including but not limited to light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, office installs (white boards, pictures, etc.), minor HVAC, carpentry, building and office door adjustments, electrical, plumbing, and painting
• Clean building floors including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, striping, polishing and finishing.
• Clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees.
• Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
• Service, clean and supply restrooms
• Gather and empty trash
• Sweep sidewalks and walkways from debris and snow as needed.
• Dust and polish furniture, walls, machines, and fixtures.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
• Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Perform cubicle reconfigurations, keyboard tray installs, and office furniture moves as requested
• Assist in planning, decorating, set up, and take down for office events
• Monitor and maintain current warehouse supply inventory if applicable to specific location; ensure warehouse is well organized and orderly
- Ensure that all tools are inventoried and well organized
• Purchase and maintain building supplies as needed from approved vendors/sources
• Respond to off-hour emergencies as needed
• Perform daily general inspection of building and grounds including but not limited to common areas, restrooms, dumpster areas, etc.; take appropriate actions to ensure property is clean and free of debris
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
• Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in building/facility maintenance preferred
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as an individual on a regular basis