This position provides strategic direction and oversight to the development of Lifeline’s new business and growth initiatives and ensures exiting business and physician relationships are maintained. This position participates in managing the overall vision, growth and culture of Lifeline. Position identifies physician practices for the development of vascular access centers, creates physician practice joint venture partnerships, identifies physician practice acquisition opportunities, and implements new services lines.
Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, teammate relations, salary adjustments and termination of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team of Lifeline
- Identifies and develops long term strategic growth plans
- Develops business plans for growth initiatives including creation of vascular access centers and joint venture partnership with physician practices
- In conjunction with legal, determines vascular center business models
- Defines and communicates business goals, milestones and performance metrics
- Tracks metrics and success criteria including ROI for all initiatives
- Creates and delivers presentations to executive leadership on growth plans, milestone and key investment decisions
- Evaluates acquisition and strategic partnership opportunities: leads negotiations
- Lead and or directs the negotiations of MSA’s with physician practices
- Develops financial pro-forms for Management Services Agreements
- In conjunction with the Strategy team, performs on going SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats) analyses
- Monitor competition to develop competitive response
- Collaborate with corporate stakeholders to maximize influence and penetration of new markets
- Lead and/or support special projects as assigned or needed
- Provide leadership to direct reports
- Hire, manage and develop teammates to excel in their roles
- Facilitate teammate development
- Provide strategic work direction including goals and goal achievement measurements
- Manage teammate relations issues timely and appropriately
- Travel required: average 50%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required
- Master’s degree in business administration, health administration, or related area preferred
- Minimum of 10 years business management experience in business development, sales, marketing, consulting, acquisitions or joint ventures, and/or physician consulting required
- Experience in selling to or working with physicians
- Experience in proposal and pro forma development
- Experience in development of new medical facilities, physician practice management, or ambulatory surgical center development preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) disease preferred
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; intermediate proficiency in Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- In-depth understanding of organization, challenges, goals, and the roles of teammates and physicians in mission accomplishment
- Innovative, analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and ability to build capacity for a multi-site, national healthcare organization
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply key financial, clinical, and operational drivers affecting business
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Demonstrated ability to create, refine, and manage new business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive projects forward
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated salesmanship ability and ability to influence others
- Professional presence, persuasion and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including ability to listen effectively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company and external customers
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated proficiency in consultative skills when addressing inquiries
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.