The Enterprise architect team’s overall responsibility is to set direction across the enterprise and ensuring that project and program architecture aligns to this vision. The Enterprise Architect will work in collaboration with Strategic Business Initiatives (SBIs), specifically Health Care Partners (HCP), and IT stakeholders in creating direction that will align IT strategy to business strategy. The Enterprise Architect will focus on enterprise architecture, pursuit strategy and approach, innovation and integration. They will use their deep knowledge of enterprise architecture across a wide breadth of application areas and understanding of DaVita’s global delivery model to lead teams in defining solution architecture that help meet business needs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Act as a visionary and strategist for the entire organization
· Act as bridge between enterprise architecture and solution architecture
· Oversee architecture for major initiatives/projects
· Set formal standards, policies, processes and governance models
Work effectively with all levels of the technical and non-technical organizational while proactively strengthening relationships
Conduct thorough current state analysis of HCP systems and business architecture followed by mapping out future state architecture in alignment with overall DaVita’s global architecture model
Responsible for building and driving alignment to an Enterprise Reference Architecture and roadmap.
Influence business and IT in order to align to an Enterprise Roadmap
Manage risk within an organization through a reusable framework and process
Create design patterns and best practices for integration of systems and processes through the enterprise
Set standards and providing governance through a process or framework, such as an Architecture Review Board
Develop the overall vision that underlies the projected solution and transforms that vision through a collaborative execution into the solution
· Write & present eloquently with the appropriate audience perspective in mind
Educate and mentor the distributed development teams on secure development practices
· Build & maintain excellent relations with key stakeholders
· Apply their creative skills & talents in devising effective designs (a.k.a. thought leadership)
· Focus on long term as well as short term goals
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
· Minimum 10 years of related IT experience
· Minimum 5 years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment. Desired experience in formal architecture methodologies such as the Gartner Enterprise Architecture Process, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or the Zachman Framework
· Experience in driving solutions that map to the global target architecture, standards, and roadmaps in a distributed hardware, operating systems, and cloud computing
· Experience in Healthcare IT preferred
· Strong knowledge of IT systems, practices and functional units
· Collaborative, diplomatic and articulate demeanor that encourages broad base acceptance and support of solutions which align with strategic technology direction of the company
· Should have prior hands-on experience implementing solutions and establishing maintenance processes, as well as experience providing leadership in delivering such solutions.
· Must have full life cycle development experience, which includes requirements analysis and technical design through implementation, as well as experience with mentoring and training other technical staff.
· Good understanding on SOA architecture, business architecture, information architecture, technology architecture and governance
· Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in leading and developing enterprise architecture across domains, functions and industries
· Ability to understand the business goals, keep it simple and have excellent communication skills to discuss with executives, subject matter experts and customers.
· Strong background in Enterprise/Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to analyze the current business, detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
· Ability to develop both business and technology solutions – identify process, services that are common among organization.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.