- Send resume (prefer to see GPA and test scores)
- Note that we will not provide visa sponsorship for this position
The Manager will work as part of a highly visible, high performing team that manages, preserves, and seeks to grow a $4B+ portfolio of health insurance revenue. The role involves strategic planning, risk assessment, and forecasting projects and the right candidate will be expected to: i) develop executive level presentations, and formulate strategy, ii) manage and lead special projects related to DaVita’s commercial portfolio, iii) contribute as a thought leader to team directors, vice presidents, and C-Level executives, and iv) develop and mentor junior level teammates. This strategically vital role will equip a top-tier candidate with broad expertise and valuable insights into healthcare strategy, reimbursement, health reform, and population health. The role will also provide extensive interaction with Senior Executives, Directors and VPs of Strategy, Operations, Development, and Finance providing excellent visibility and opportunity for career advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager must be able to work successfully with cross-functional teams and have the maturity to be a thought leader and partner with senior executives. The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
· Provide strategic support, independently manage project strategy and timelines, and present analysis to the executive management team and interdepartmental consumers
· Become a subject matter expert in issues pertaining to the role of Dialysis in the ever changing health insurance landscape. Build strong knowledge of how health insurers are strategically positioning their portfolio’s and use that knowledge to inform long term DaVita strategic initiatives
· Mentor and develop junior level teammates
· Represent the department effectively with internal and external customers
· Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of experience in a consulting, financial services, or corporate strategy setting OR
MBA from a top tier school with at least 3 years of experience in a consulting, finance, or corporate strategy setting
· Extensive experience building and presenting materials for senior executives
· Two years of experience managing others is a plus
· Experience in healthcare preferred; a plus if experience pertains to payor provider dynamics
· Extensive Excel modeling experience required
· Bonus for experience with relational databases and analytical tools such as: SQL Server, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, STATA, and etc.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
· Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun
· Effective communication skills – verbal and written
· Strong analytical skills – the ability to accurately perform complex quantitative analyses
· Energetic team player – a consensus-building thought leader
· Confident self-starter with positive attitude and drive
· Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
· Problem solver who works well independently
· Successful candidates will have interest and strengths in competitive strategy and innovation
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.