GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position administers the terms of the contract portfolio with DaVita and health insurance companies. This position researches contract language, documents and tracks portfolio performance of critical contract terms, and communicates with health insurance companies and internal DaVita teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and review contract language as needed
- Track portfolio performance
- Provide language strength analyses as needed
- Respond to inquiries on facility contracting from internal and external sources
- Prepare and send official notices to payors per contractual requirements
- Understand contracting strategies to analyze payor/facility relationships
- Participate in meetings with other departmental teams and committees as necessary to facilitate solutions on payor issues
- Evaluate and report key performance metrics to department management
- Provide recommendations to improve system policies, procedures, and performance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Associate’s degree in related field required
- Paralegal degree or certificate preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ healthcare claims administration, contracting, or payor
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare contracts preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, Access required;
ability to use Internet effectively required; basic familiarity with Oracle Financial System
and an electronic billing system strongly preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.