We are seeking a Java/Fuse/Spring Micro Services Developer who is looking for new challenges and opportunities to work with the latest application and data integration technologies. The ideal candidate will have strong Java skills coupled with current experience in micro services architecture, web services, service oriented architecture, and related technologies; and have a strong understanding of data structures and business objects. The developer will be required to work in a team environment and will be responsible for full life cycle software development including new development, design/architecture, and implementation of application integration solutions using Java, Spring, and related open source technologies (e.g. Artifactory, Jenkins, Git, etc). This position reports to the director/development manager of the Application Integration Team.
· Designs and develops high quality integration solutions consistent with given requirements.
· Collaborates with other application development teams to design, develop and deploy the best solutions to ensure high level of customer service.
· Partners with the project management team to plan and coordinate project development activities across multiple teams.
· Must go above and beyond to be a strong team player and drive team success.
· Delivers projects on time, on budget, and with high quality.
· Is responsible for successful project delivery and customer satisfaction.
· Drives project and technology goals in line with organizational objectives.
· Partners with departmental management to develop strategic/tactical solutions to support business strategies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field.
· 6+ years of software development experience is required.
· Proficiencies in Java, J2EE, Redhat Fuse, Apache Camel, Apache ActiveMQ, Spring Boot, Spring Framework, web services, application server technology (Karaf, JBoss, Tomcat) is required.
· JCAPS experience a plus.
· Experience in Linux and Unix is required.
· Docker environment experience a plus.
· Kafka messaging broker experience a plus.
· Experience in ElasticSearch a plus.
· Experience in integrating with Oracle/DB2 and SQL Server databases is preferred
· Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
· Experience in applying software development methodologies (Scrum/Agile) is preferred.
· Proficiencies in JSON and XML messaging is preferred.
· Experience in Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business teams.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent time management, decision-making, problem solving, presentation, documentation skills.
. Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.