No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
SENIOR DIRECTOR –CLINICAL SERVICES
This position is responsible for the creation and implementation of programs to improve patient quality outcomes with oversight of training, education, project management and support for the group’s clinical services team. Works in partnership with other corporate departments such as the office of the CMO, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Quality Management and Clinical Education to analyze and assist in the development of programs and training tools to meet these goals. Bridges communication outside the DaVita village to form and strengthen relationships with the broader dialysis, nephrology community. Oversees quality and education for assigned divisions, provides trends and data analysis for assigned divisions related to outcomes and education to the SVP. Collaborate with the Directors of Clinical Services from each assigned division to ensure continuous improvement and to develop action plans as necessary to address division specific issues.
Collaborate with DVP in assessing performance of Directors of Clinical Services. Provide coaching and leadership including effective performance feedback to Directors of Clinical Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Partner with divisional management, CMO, Clinical Education and other corporate departments to evaluate divisional performance and determine appropriate training and support to positively impact outcomes
- Participate, as a member of the Group Executive Team, in development of strategic direction for Clinical Services and ensure the development of outcome programs to support the direction
- Accountability and responsibility for clinical outcomes working in partnership with SVP and DVP
- Ensure Divisional Clinical Services structure allows for the achievement of all key metrics
- Serve as a point of contact for corporate departments
- Interface and actively participate with Physician Council, Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) committee, IT, Compliance, Vascular Access, Policies and Procedures (P&P) committee, CMS/Networks, Clinical Education and Medical Informatics as appropriate
- Facilitate implementation of company-wide initiatives
- Ensure consistency/standardization of goals and objectives across company
- Travel may be required
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Nursing (and current licensure), or related field or equivalent experience with Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
Minimum 10 years’ related experience including proven results working within a quality improvement environment (i.e. Six Sigma, continuous quality improvement, etc.) required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
- ESRD/Healthcare experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and adapt based on changing priorities
- Solid reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to evaluate outcomes and determine appropriate training and support to positively impact outcomes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills including familiarity with Outlook
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Passion for quality care and education
- Visionary with ability to plan and execute projects that impact mission, goals and objectives
- Ability to motivate through influence and leadership
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and to influence outcomes positively
- Proven strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate across functions
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 1 pound to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions including continuous keyboarding and telephone use.
LEVEL II – Job required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Level I tasks. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues; however, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment and appropriate personal protection measures are required in those instances.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.