The DaVita UNIX Administrator works in a fast-paced, technology dependent, security conscious environment. Administrators ensure the effective and efficient delivery of information systems within an ITIL structure. They are responsible for a combination of production support and new project initiatives. Production support focused UNIX Administrators work to maintain a highly available environment, work with file structures, manage and monitor storage and system performance, in support of a large user community in a multi-platform, multi-location environment. This position requires a high level of organization, excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritize projects in a dynamic environment. This position will report to the Manager of UNIX Systems.
Primary Production Support Duties
- Work incoming tickets for production access, network or performance related issues.
- Review incoming work and use current tool sets to automate response and resolution.
- Help support Puppet Enterprise managed production systems.
- Analyze system utilization and trending to plan for system/application/storage growth.
- Perform system maintenance and upgrades on IT maintenance weekends.
- Helps develop, document, and implement operating standards.
- Create and maintain procedures and system runbooks within a wiki structure.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after hours support.
- Coordinating the installation and configuration of new hardware.
- Configuration of virtualized I/O subsystems.
- Audit and remediate OS related security issues, as well as a patching schedule.
- Aids in installation of applications as required by development and application teams.
- Participate in new technology reviews like Hadoop, clustering technologies, Openstack, and CM systems.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- College degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- 4+ years’ experience with UNIX operating systems (IBM AIX, LINUX Red Hat )
- Hands on experience managing virtual I/O devices via VIOS using etherchannel and NPIV
- Shell scripting and/or perl skills for system administration
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Experience in troubleshooting network connectivity in a secure environment
- Experience managing LVM, NFS
- Working knowledge of Vsphere client and component management
- Experience with performance tuning for Oracle databases running on AIX
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite or other software repositories
- Working Knowledge of PowerHA
- Working Knowledge of Storage Area Networks
- Working Knowledge of Infrastructure Security best practices
- Experience with enterprise systems management tools, HPSA, Puppet
- Working Knowledge of Samba or GPFS
- Disaster Recovery process review and testing
- GIT or other SCM tools.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 10 pounds to a maximum of 80 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains
software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical
technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing
and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools
to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers,
system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers
and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our
clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.