This position manages departmental and organizational projects including developing, researching, recommending, executing, and documenting processes for Information Technology. This position defines project objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project cycle and communicates proactively with stakeholders.
Position may provide day-to-day leadership and performance feedback to project work teams and project engineering teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Lead, plan, schedule, track, and manage project deliverables, goals, and milestones; adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
o Create strategies for risk mitigation and project contingency planning
o Design and maintain technical and project documentation
o Identify and resolve project issues; ensure appropriate communication to project stakeholders
· Develop project plans and team assignments
o Direct and monitor daily work of teams including progress toward goals
o Identify resource needs and secure as needed
o Provide day-to-day direction and oversight for project engineering team
· Monitor, review, and/or escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
· Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed
· Participate in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
· Assist customers remotely over the phone using remote control software or in person
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
o Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
· Travel required: up to 25%
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in related area required or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in related area may be substituted in lieu of degree on a year-for-year basis
· Project Management Professional certification or completion of another recognized project management certification strongly preferred
· Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Project required; intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.