The primary purpose of this position is to manage joint venture (“JV”) accounting staff in the preparation and communication of JV financial information for approximately 250 partnerships. This includes general ledger review and analysis for each JV entity to ensure reasonableness and accuracy of monthly reporting. This position is also responsible for providing direction to teammates regarding corporate compliance, SOX and departmental reporting policies and requirements. Additionally, this position works closely with other departments in coordination with DaVita’s monthly corporate closing and preparing financial reports for field operations and joint venture partners.
- Manage accounting team responsible for the preparation of JV financial statements and general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis and account reconciliation
- Coordinate communication with field teammates regarding reporting issues and participate in meeting with JV partners as necessary
- Liaison with other departments related to partnership accounting functions and responsibilities
- Responsible for process management and documentation of internal controls, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness, and liaison with internal and external auditors with respect to assigned functional areas.
- Responsible for selection, hiring, evaluation, training and development of teammates
- Lead and work independently on multiple key projects and/or initiatives
- Assist with other projects as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- CPA or equivalent required
- Masters degree preferred (Bachelors required)
- 7-10 years professional experience, prefer to have public accounting experience with Big 4 firm or large local one, healthcare experience preferred
- Strong fundamental accounting background
- Strong communication skills
- Experience leading others in a team setting
- Large company experience and familiarity with complex accounting systems and processes
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.