As a DaVita Acute Registered Nurse (RN) you will...
- Work autonomously in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
- Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (CRRT, aphaeresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting you, work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. What an exciting challenge to take on!
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have - their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
This RN position covers our acute programs in Milwaukee/Racine (Wheaton Franciscan & Columbia St. Mary's hospitals) - but primarily supports programs in Milwaukee. This RN will typically work flexible shifts, rotating holidays and includes on-call rotation.
Patient ratios are typically 1:1 at patient bedside or 2:1 in a treatment room with the assistance of Patient Care Technicians (PCTs). This acute program is focused on hemodialysis & peritoneal dialysis where our teammates will have the ability to work independently but still work as a TEAM within this program.
In this acute dialysis program, we offer flexible start times, flexible schedules, a great benefits package including a performance-based bonus potential, paid mileage etc.
We encourage you to Apply and check out this great opportunity!
The shining star in this role should have:
- Current and valid RN license in the state where performing duties required
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Current CPR certification required
- Medical/surgical, ICU, CCU, and ER experience (preferred)
- Dialysis nursing experience (preferred)
- CNN (preferred)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Flexibility like a gymnast - okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that thrives on fun and supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - ten years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
The DaVita Village is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.