GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position manages departmental and organizational projects including developing, researching, recommending, executing, and documenting processes for Information Technology. This position defines project objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project cycle and communicates proactively with stakeholders.
Position may provide day-to-day leadership and performance feedback to project work teams and project engineering teams. Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels. Helps team execute career development plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Lead, plan, schedule, track, and manage project deliverables, goals, and milestones; adjust project plans and/or resources to meet changing needs and requirements
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and project contingency planning
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation
- Identify and resolve project issues; ensure appropriate communication to project stakeholders
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate
- Develop project plans and team assignments
- Direct and monitor daily work of teams including progress toward goals
- Identify resource needs and secure as needed
- Provide day-to-day direction and oversight for project engineering team
- Monitor, review, and/or escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Implement project and QA reviews in accordance with IT2.0 to ensure profitable and successful execution as specified in the 2x2
- Ensure project plan and all IT 2.0 project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Manage project budget and resolve invoice issues
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Assist customers remotely over the phone using remote control software or in person
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Travel required: up to 25%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent requried
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in related area may be substituted in lieu of degree on a year-for-year basis
- Minimum of five (5) years’ IT experience required including:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience coordinating and/or supporting IT business processes required
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions required
- Demonstrated experience in resource management and change management techniques required
- Project Management Professional certification or completion of another recognized project management certification required
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Project required; intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate and stakeholder needs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive projects forward
- Ability to lead, motivate, and direct a workgroup
- Demonstrated willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance and skills to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates with confidence in work processes and goals
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Demonstrated presentation and persuasion skills
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by DaVita IT
- Trains other project managers and clients through both formal and informal training programs
- Challenges fellow project managers to progress toward their professional development goals
- A thorough understanding of project specific IT systems
- Maintain an awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client projects
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Shares lessons learned over the course of the project with team members
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.