This is a full-time evening shift position (12:30 - 9 p.m.)
The purpose of the Laboratory Assistant is to assist with all laboratory trial-related processes and to perform subject care related to specific trials requirements to ensure that protocol specifications are being complied with and ensuring the sponsor requirements are met to provide the highest quality clinical trial services possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Laboratory Supervisor with the coordination of laboratory activities
- Assist in creating and/or verifying laboratory specific source documentation at trial assignment for research staff to ensure protocol requirements are met
- Assist with educating and training research staff on specific lab processes and procedures for trials on an ongoing basis to ensure comprehension and competence in performing lab activities
- Assist in training new lab teammates on lab protocols, procedures, current trials in progress, and employment policies and procedures
- Respond to lab questions to ensure effective trial conduction
- Assist with inventory, order, and stocking of laboratory supplies; ensure trials are not delayed due to lack of supplies
- Assist with CQI processes related to laboratory functions and other research projects throughout trial conduction for DCR to confirm accuracy of data
- Accurately execute all procedures throughout trial conduction to ensure Good Clinical Practices (GCP), regulatory and protocol requirements are met
- Perform source documentation, data collection, lab specimen collection, and lab processing for trials to maintain high quality data output
- Communicate laboratory issues in a timely manner to Laboratory Supervisor
- Communicate subject or trial procedure information to Charge Nurse, Investigator, and/or Project Manager on an ongoing basis to ensure safety and integrity of subjects and to recover data collected for trials
- Assist in tracking shipping schedule(s) for each study; ensure timely shipments
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Technical or 4-year science or medical-related degree preferred
- Medical Laboratory Technician certification preferred
- Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; strong Internet research preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.