GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: This position assists the department manager with the implementation of laboratory policies and procedures. This position also provides leadership, workflow distribution, reporting, supervision, work support, and performance management for the laboratory teammates.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, teammate relations, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of technical area (Microbiology, Chemistry, or Hematology) tasks and responsibilities;
- Respond to issues, concerns, and questions
- Review processes to identify best practices and efficiencies; standardize and consolidate services
- Conduct department meetings; make presentation
- Ensure compliance with laboratory infection control expectations, safety precautions; reagent labeling; conduct safety walks
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate test results
- Perform Medical Technologist duties as needed for the department workflow
- Evaluate new and existing test methodologies related to responsibilities, current test mix, policy and procedure development and implementation, training, and compliance with regulatory and accrediting issues
- Recommend alternative methodologies for current procedures and coordinate changes as required
- Assist in the evaluation of current and future technology including cost effectiveness, impact on overall laboratory operations, and relationship to laboratory outcome standards
- Monitor appropriate test utilization and workflow; ensure available resources and supplies
- Evaluate all federal and state regulatory and certification requirements to ensure section maintain inspection ready status at all times
- Assist in development of and ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures for performance, quality control, and preventive maintenance
- Ensure operational budget is maintained within budgetary constraints; continually evaluate systems to ensure cost effectiveness and reduce operational expenses
- Participate in identifying process improvement task forces (inter- and intra-departmental); implement improvements as indicated
- Practice infection control and safety policies at all times, maintain an active role in the laboratory's quality improvement program (incident reports, College of American Pathologist (CAP) surveys, service guarantees) and ensure levels of compliance of established laboratory outcome standards are met
- Enforce departmental compliance of all safety and infection control practices
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 145,000 patients and perform 37 million renal tests annually.We make a difference. Our work provides insightful lab data for pharmaceutical and biotech research for the discovery and development of new therapies and diagnostics. We store over 500,000 biological samples for use in present and future clinical studies. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. With the backing of the overall DaVita Healthcare Partners brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- Graduate with a four year degree in Medical Technology or related field;
- Minimum five (5) year's clinical laboratory experience as licensed Medical Technologist (MT)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in clinical laboratory processes and terminology required
- Demonstrated understanding of specimen handling and requirements, specimen referral, instrumentation requirements, workflow, reporting format, report distribution, laboratory information system (LIS) required
- Minimum two (2) years clinical laboratory supervisory experience and Florida Supervisor license required in either (Microbiology, Hematology, or Chemistry)
- Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (ASCP) or certification eligibility required;
- Current state license as a Technologist in the specialty(ies) required by the laboratory section;
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and outlook, basic proficiency in MS Word and in the LIS within 60 days of employment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.