Would you like to work for a Fortune 500 company with Core Values such as TEAM and FUN? Then DaVita is what you are looking for! We are currently seeking aSUPERSTAR to join our Village as a Regional Reimbursement Specialist!
processes patient insurance information provided by facilities through the
patient intake process to complete the patient registration process. This
position ensures timely and accurate claims submission for assigned Access Centers
within a geographic region in accordance with company policies and in
compliance with federal and state billing regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and/or maintain ongoing communication with facilities to
ensure timely, accurate receipt of patient insurance coverage information
- Verify patient insurance with payors including
eligibility and benefits related to outpatient surgery
- Update Patient
Registration and associated systems accurately and as required
- Contact patient insurance carriers and obtain
authorizations, referrals, and medication authorizations (pre-auths) for outpatient surgery services
- Contact Primary Care Physicians to obtain referrals and
pre-authorizations as needed
- Enter referrals and authorizations into database
- Enter PCP information into database
- Partner with the teammates at the facilities (AC and
AM) to resolve incomplete registrations
- Serve as a backup if an Access Coordinator is out.
- Review registration denials to determine root cause
- Resolve patient
account errors that cause registration denials
identify process changes to prevent failed registrations
- Determine Coordination of Benefits as required;
maintain current patient account information at all times
as necessary to ensure insurance changes are verified and line of coverage is
- Complete all ancillary reports and assigned projects
within established timeframes
- Support Patient Account Specialists and other ROPS teammates as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient
information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- High school
diploma or equivalent required
of three (3) years’ healthcare reimbursement experience preferred; experience
with admissions, billing, and collections required
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance rules, regulations and Coordination
of Benefits for federal, state, and/or managed care payors in multiple states
- Basic computer skills and proficiency
in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.