GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position supports Project Managers in the initiation, planning, execution (including monitoring and controlling) and closure of IT projects within the established scope, budgets and timelines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis and escalates invoice issues
- Supports the management of the day-to-day execution of assigned projects and scope, including change control, risks, action items, issues and decisions
- Facilitates team meetings
- Prepares engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations
- Tracks and analyzes project metrics and suggests areas for improvement
- Researches, collects and evaluates project data necessary to meet project reporting and evaluation requirements
- Assists with the preparation of a variety of reports covering budget status, forecast reports and other management requirements
- Provides technical assistance to managers, Business Analysts and Project Administrators in the creation of project concept and other project documents
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, including computer skills as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in related area may be substituted in lieu of degree on a year-for-year basis
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in a project support or analytical role
- General understanding of IT systems
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Working knowledge of MS Access and SharePoint preferred
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency in MS Project preferred
- Intermediate skills in creating and maintaining process flow documents
- Basic ability to develop project schedules
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to positively and proactively demonstrate those to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Ability to independently complete tasks and recommend revisions to the Project Manager
- Ability to monitor and track resource utilization on projects
- Skills to perform day-to-day operational tasks with limited direction
- Ability to complete deliverables assigned by the Project Manager and ensure they meet the needs of the projects
- Skills to effectively maintain project plans and all IT project documents
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively and to clearly and effectively communicate information
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated strengths in organization, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to support the management of multiple projects, meet deadlines, and appropriately adjust priorities in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with a highdegree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
- Ability to hear and interact by phone, in person, and in presentations clearly and efficiently
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed to meet goals
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.