Are you looking for a rewarding and fun career? Look no further! We have a fantastic opportunity for a Certified Pharmacy Technician!
About the Position:
This position performs the management of specialty medications for patients. This position also performs pharmacy technician responsibilities in support of other pharmacy teams and service to our patients including, but not limited to: responding to pharmacy orders to ensure difficult orders are handled correctly and/or manually corrected for order induction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Identify each document type, including new prescriptions, and associate it with the correct patient and/or workstation.
- Monitor and distribute accurately and timely all documents flowing into the fax server.
- Support other teammates in department.
- Respond knowledgeably and confidently to facility and possible patient inquiries with information regarding all areas of pharmacy concerns and other related issues.
- Support other departments by responding knowledgeably to internal teammates in regard to specialty processes and claims issues.
- Communicate with DaVita teammates with regard to specialty medication requests, coverage determination communication, claims processing, and prescription induction.
- Communicate as directed with PBM Services.
- Assist in transitioning interested patients to home delivery service; explain differences between clinic delivery and home delivery.
- Work with pharmacist-in-charge to process replacements for any patients and facilities who cannot locate their shipments as needed and in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Work with leadership team to provide feedback and documentation support to ensure departmental procedures and processes are followed and completed appropriately.
- Ensure department policies and procedures (SOPs) and processes are kept in adherence.
- Attend staff meetings, conference calls and education activities as requested.
- Maintain quality and production standards in a manner consistent to meet all service level agreements.
- Participate in cross-training other departments to maintain knowledge necessary to resolve wide range of patient issues appropriately.
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential function of this position.
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed which may include weekday and weekend hours of operation as determined by business.
- Maintain licenses and certifications necessary to remain in good standing with Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Maintain licenses and certifications necessary to remain in good standing with the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board).
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives.
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx was created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics. Today DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 14,000 patients in 30+ states. Utilizing three high capacity pharmacy operations, we deliver on our promise of the highest levels of quality care and are committed to improving the lives of our patients.
DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a successful Fortune 500 company (DaVita Inc. Ticker: DVA). The business has grown from inception to $100 million in annual revenue in just over three years. The potential for further growth is very substantial, projected at greater than 100% over the next 12 months.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Certified Pharmacy Technician:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required; in good standing with State Board of Pharmacy
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
To lean more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.