At DaVita, we design apps to help physicians manage, treat, and improve the lives of patients with kidney disease.
Health IT is notorious for lagging behind consumer products in design, experience, and satisfaction. Our obsession is changing the status quo by creating a suite of physician products that delight users and enable clinicians to take better care of their patients. DaVita believes so deeply in the mission of better patient care that we’ve launched our product line to create better experiences for physicians and patients.
Our product teams are growing; we have an opportunity for a Product Owner who will lead product discovery efforts and work closely with a team to come up with the projects, features, and fixes that will improve customer satisfaction.
The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, UX design, sales, marketing, and executive teams to own and lead projects from initial conception through launch.
We are looking for product owners who are obsessed with solving problems for our customers, able to lead cross-functional teams, and adept at synthesizing technology into high-quality products that simplify the many complexities of patient care.
- Meet with customers to gather feedback, identify genuine needs, and uncover pain
- Research competitive and related solutions, understand technology landscape, and leverage analytics
- Author product opportunity assessments and provide go/no-go recommendations
- Engage in rapid cycles of design and iteration in conjunction with Engineering, UX Design, and other stakeholders
- Define methods and metrics for quantifying success and ensure that the team has a clear ability to understand and articulate its objectives
- Define the product to be built via user stories and prototypes from the UX design team
- Prioritize and groom team-level backlog
- Act as product owner for one or more scrum teams
- Travel required on occasion
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Multiple years experience leading cross-functional teams and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management role
- One or more successful product launches in which you had overall responsibility from conception to launch
- Collaborative and effective within the company culture
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in an agile, iterative environment
- Ability to quickly build expertise in unfamiliar domains
- Passion for building great products
- Background in either UX Design or computer science
- Prior experience with experiment design a strong plus
- Interest in building a personal brand as a product management thought leader
- Experience in building healthcare-related and data-heavy digital products
- Love of new learning curves, because every project has a stack of them
- Exceptional presentation skills; we like to show off our work, tell stories, and articulate the problems we’ve solved or how we’ve improved the physician experience
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains
software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical
technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing
and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools
to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers,
system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers
and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our
clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.