As a DaVita Acute Registered Nurse (RN) you will...
- Work autonomously in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
- Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (CRRT, aphaeresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting you, work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. What an exciting challenge to take on!
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have - their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
The Acute Registered Nurse shining star in this role should have:
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN license) in the state where performing duties required
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Current CPR certification required
- Medical/surgical, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and Emergency Room (ER) and/or hospital nursing experience (preferred)
- Dialysis nursing experience (strongly preferred)
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) (preferred)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Flexibility like a gymnast - okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with acutely ill patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.