Instructional Design Developer
Falcon Physician is a healthcare IT start-up and wholly-owned subsidiary of DaVita HealthCare Partners. Our driven and energetic team is committed to helping solve problems in healthcare through innovative thinking and unique software programs.
This position works with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design and develop interactive training programs for Falcon Physician. The specialist will be responsible for the planning, analysis, design, development, and evaluation of training materials, job aids, computer based training (CBT) videos, and customer Learning Management System while continually improving upon the “best possible practice experience” that we strive to provide. Learn more about our software solutions for nephrologists at FalconEHR.com.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Analyze current and future development projects, review existing training resources, and engage with internal and external stakeholders to determine training needs and present recommendations and best practice solutions
· Design and develop blended interactive training and education solutions including Falcon Online Help Guide, Computer Based Training videos (CBTs), job aids, and Instructor Led Training scripts.
· Manage project documentation including design templates, standards, style guides, technical specifications, train-the-trainer, and pilot materials.
· Synthesize complex software release information to create easy-to-understand training materials, including job aids and video scripts that will educate physicians, office staff and Falcon Physician teammates.
· Perform ongoing quality assurance checks on current training courses
· Maintain training document library in Salesforce
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
· A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
· Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
· Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
· Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
· A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
· Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
· 2-4 years of experience in corporate communications, technical writing, content marketing or related field. Healthcare or IT communications experience a plus.
· Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to assess needs, request clarification as needed, and provide creative, resourceful solutions.
· Familiarity with Madcap Flare, HTML, WordPress, Publisher, Camtasia and Adobe In Design strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of editorial process, project management, engaging target audiences and driving call to action
· Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
· Project Coordinator Skills and the ability to balance priorities related to multiple overlapping projects
· Strong technical writing and editing/proofreading skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand material
· Ability to design Instructor Led Training (ILT) as Reusable Learning Objects
Please be ready to submit 1-2 examples of work product if selected for interview. Examples of work product may include:
· An eLearning course
· Design Document
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions
· Ability to hear and interact by phone, in person, and in presentations clearly and efficiently
· Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed to meet goals
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.