We encourage fun, on and off the clock.
Be the "face" of one of our outpatient or hospital facilities-and use your administrative skills to impact the lives of our patients and their families. In this support role you will ensure the timely and accurate completion of change requisitions, treatment logs, patient charts, invoices and purchase orders. You also will assist patients with transportation arrangements and physician appointments.
Dialysis is serious business. That is why we encourage fun. If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun on and off the clock, then DaVita is the place for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Filing, typing and other clerical duties as directed by Facility Administrator and other management staff
• Assist other staff as assigned by Facility Administrator
• Answer phones, screen calls, take and deliver messages and place calls as directed or necessary
• Accurately maintain and update CIS, Report cards, and other reports
• Verify patient insurance; obtain authorizations, forward copies of forms to corporate
• Scheduling of RN's for area Hospitals -dialysis treatments
• Complete change requisitions and treatments' logs
• Maintain accurate accounting of all stock items kept in the hospital facilities to include dialysis, re-use and office supplies (may work in conjunction with inventory technician)
· Maintain supply of teammate forms
· Proactively monitor and provide information for ordering supplies
· Complete weekly purchase order and submit to FA or other designated manager to authorize purchases
· Assist in preparing monthly inventory supplies
· Receive shipments, research back-ordered items, distribute purchase order as required and completes the order process
· Amend and correct billing/credit problems and retain copy of all incoming invoices
• Comply with DaVita policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, or other governing agencies)
• Comply with state or federal regulations of the Injury Prevention and Safety Training Program
• Read, understand and follow DaVita patient and teammate policies and procedures including but not limited to all HIPAA requirements
• Gather data for QA/CQI and ensure completeness
• Attend educational activities, in-services, and staff meetings as required
• Knowledge of facility emergency plans and ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency
• Consistent, regular attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
• Other duties as assigned
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as an Administrative Assistant:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.