No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
DaVita® and HealthCare Partners® collectively, DaVita have joined forces to become one of the nation's largest and most innovative healthcare communities. The merged entity, DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., leverages a shared passion for and commitment to clinical excellence and improving patients' health and quality of life.
The DaVita in-house legal team is known as the “Justice League.” The Justice League is comprised of over 160 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The Justice League counsels all businesses of the company and provides legal support for all transactions. The attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
This position will be a member of “The Regulators,” the healthcare regulatory team within the Justice League.
- Reports to Assistant General Counsel
- Position is a based at DaVita’s Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
- Mentoring, leadership and involvement with the broader JLD team of attorneys
- Exceptional opportunity for growth and experience in regulated industry with an entrepreneurial organization poised for growth
- Perform regulatory work and review with focus on fraud and abuse, reimbursement, provider relationships and facility licensure
- Perform transactional work and review with focus on structures and arrangements that could create risk under state and federal healthcare laws
- Provide general healthcare advice on compliance, regulatory and physician relationship issues, including advice on Beneficiary Inducement, Stark, Anti-Kickback, and physician entities
- Draft, review and negotiate service agreements with healthcare providers
- Provide counsel to the executive teams
- Coordinate with other legal groups on regulatory, risk, compliance and operational issues
- Ability to handle legal and administrative work, help on management processes
- Outside counsel management
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- J.D. Degree with minimum 4 years legal experience in healthcare
- Prior legal experience within healthcare field
- State Bar Admission and good standing
- Understanding and experience with relevant health care compliance issues (i.e., Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, HIPAA, Beneficiary Inducement)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Unquestioned integrity
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of business, ability to diagnose legal problems and present solutions.
- A bright individual who is a “quick study” and grasps issues quickly. Not hindered by an overly bureaucratic and structured approach to solving problems.
- Possesses good stamina and humor; able to work well under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic company.
- Key ability to accomplish tasks in fast-paced environment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.