If you have a passion for team work, creative leadership, and driving results in a fast-paced dynamic organization, we are looking for you!
This supervisory role oversees a team of six dedicated specialists that are responsible for integrating new DaVita centers into the revenue cycle with efficiency and care. In this role you will collaborate with various areas of the organization from Collections to Finance to Compliance. You will be responsible for elevating team performance and collaborating with fellow leaders on the vision of the larger team.
Day to day tasks include establishing and managing team metrics, ensuring department goals are achieved, and most importantly, that DaVita’s core values are exemplified.
Eye for detail, passion for personal growth and high accountability are musts.
This position supervises the Revenue Operations Reporting team and provides work direction. Position supervises department workflow, and provides guidance with the integration of new facilities.
Position has supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports in collaboration with department manager.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Maintain and improve bi-coastal department cohesiveness
• Establish, communicate, and ensure departmental goals and objectives are achieved
• Assist manager with writing teammate annual performance reviews; establish individual teammate short- and long-term goals
• Maintain and improve Data Integrity standards through proactive Quality Assurance monitoring
• Provide teammate guidance and training as applicable to ensure QA standards are met
• Manage daily production workflow for efficiency and effectiveness
• Monitor team productivity and progress of specific area job functions, reallocating workload as necessary, and evaluating trends
• Track and ensure timeliness of reports and distribution
• Provide timely communication to teammates and Village Partners if data warehouse or other related system issues may cause delays with reporting in order to provide the highest level of customer service
• Respond to and assist other Revenue Operations teammates with questions and opportunities relating to data analysis as needed
• Provide direction to teammates as needed to ensure Service Level Agreement standards are met
• Resolve concerns, roadblocks or other opportunities related to department effectiveness
• Actively solicit feedback from team and management to improve reporting process
• Provide leadership to direct reports
o Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
o Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates DaVita
employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within
company and foster a positive work environment
o Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
o Proactively facilitate conflict resolution as needed
• Manage all teammate employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance,
evaluatBEions, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
• Plan, organize and supervise teammates to ensure high quality teammate customer service
o Provide work direction for department teammates
o Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates;
ensure coverage during teammate absences
• Maintain teammate records to include written performance evaluation of all staff; records to be kept in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws
o Ensure accurate, timely processing of ePCNs
o Evaluate, record and process teammate reviews and compensation according to
company policy and in timely manner
o Review and approve time cards of teammates as required for payroll
• Understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations,
Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
• Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to provide knowledgeable, accurate work output
• Maintain and communicate facility emergency management programs and ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency
• Maintain familiarity with and communicate to teammates DaVita programs impacting teammates (including but not limited to: Triple Crown, RN Scholarship, RN New Grad,
We Are Here, Tuition Reimbursement, Foundations, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
o Know, understand and follow the DaVita teammate guidelines, safety and security policies and procedures, and Workers’ Compensation reporting
o Participate in committees and leadership meetings to represent the department team
• Travel up to 30%
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Two to four years’ revenue cycle experience in healthcare reimbursement required
• Minimum of two years’ supervisory experience required
• Medicare reimbursement experience preferred
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint required; intermediate skills and proficiency in Outlook required
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience building queries using SQL/ANSI in Access preferred
• Experience with full-cycle project management preferred; information technology project management experience preferred
• Experience with the Medicare and Medicaid change of ownership process is a plus
• Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
• Proven leadership skills and the ability to collaborate across functions and with all levels of the organization
o Ability to lead by example with positive, compassionate and professional behaviors
• Demonstrated ability to meet goals individually and in a team environment
• Demonstrated aptitude for effective delegation and coordination
• Strong understanding of business process with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and deliver requested output timely and accurately
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
• Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with technical material
• Highly organized and deadline oriented with demonstrated attention to detail
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to needs, questions, project updates
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive projects forward
• Ability to think tactically with superior organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to create, refine and manage new business processes
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
• Supervisory experience demonstrating willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance and skills to foster a positive work environment required
o Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates with confidence in work processes and goals
o Demonstrated ability to manage conflict resolution and to resolve teammate interpersonal situations effectively
o Maintain open and clear communication with teammates
• Develop, maintain, and foster positive relations, cooperation, communication and
collaboration between DaVita facilities, Information Technology department, peers and other Central Billing Office units
• Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
• Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills; able to work well with all levels of management and teammates
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
• Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching; moderate range of body motions.
• Ability to hear and interact by phone clearly and effectively.
• Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be
encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with occasional business travel.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.