Integrated care is the future of healthcare, and this is your chance to join the cutting edge of innovation. Join one of DaVita's most exciting strategic business lines, DaVita-VillageHealth as an Operations Strategy and Innovation Manager! VillageHealth is comprised of an innovative team of passionate professionals who provide tailored care to the unique needs of ESRD patients and work across the healthcare spectrum to maximize patient quality of life.
The Operations Strategy Manager will work on high priority initiatives in a rapidly growing strategic business unit by collaborating with a cross-functional team of clinical, operating, and business leaders of DaVita VillageHealth, and DaVita Healthcare Partners more broadly. This position plays a key role as a thought partner, operational leader, and internal consultant in developing an innovative model of care for ESRD patients. Topics will likely include:
Operationalizing growth strategies across the country, potentially including supporting/leading new program launches
Large and small scale operating model changes to drive efficiencies and clinical outcomes
Integrated care business model development, including development of best practices
Insight generation through data and process analysis
Market-specific operations strategy and support
In addition, the Manager will lead a distributed team of highly motivated individuals and is expected to effectively manage individual work streams to communicate and implement recommendations, along with initiating and sustaining performance initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Works closely with clinical teammates and develops long-standing relationships with operators and clinicians
Leverages hypotheses-based approach to identify, validate and quantify opportunities in partnership with operations leadership
Leverages continuous improvement tools to structure and incubate improvement opportunities
Creates and implements effective and efficient processes and solutions to further clinical and business outcomes
Conveys findings in a cohesive story, including summarizing insights from analysis; Builds appropriate horizontal and vertical logic in presentation decks
Supports and/or leads launch of new programs
Coaches, motivates, and develops talent.
Up to 30-40% travel may be required
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA preferred
· At least five (5) years of experience in a strategic or operational leadership role; top tier consulting firm , private equity, corporate strategy role, or operations improvement experience preferred
· Experience in healthcare services preferred (i.e. healthcare services design, services launch, services delivery); prior experience working with payors, physician networks, preventative care models, and/or integrated care models
· Ability to work effectively, build trust, and partner at all levels of the company – from front line teammates to senior executives and physicians.
· Strong MS Excel and analytical skills combined with strategic thinking, problem solving ability, and operations mindset
· Ability to use PowerPoint to develop and present ideas and analyses effectively to a broad range of audiences
· Strong project management skills and the ability to proactively manage multiple/changing priorities and deadlines
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.