The ideal candidate for this career opportunity will be a quick-learner, independent, ambitious, and ready to learn. The person in this position will have a strong sense of "team" and have the keen ability to work well with others. Basic requirements are a Bachelor's Degree (we need to be able to tell you like numbers!), some work experience (this includes internship experience), intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Here's what you can expect as a Revenue Analyst at DaVita:
Revenue Analyst will be responsible for business process design and re-engineering projects related to DaVita's revenue operations. Revenue Analyst serves as DaVita's expert internal resource for escalation, communication and resolution of complex payor and billing issues; payor research in both new and known markets, and leadership and coordination of cross functional projects. His/Her success will create a scalable revenue operations department that applies the best of technology, standardization and aggregation to healthcare processes. He/She will utilize innovative problem solving tactics in order to maximize collections and achieve collections performance goals and avoid exceptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an inter-department resource and subject matter expert on payor related projects and implementations as relates to claims submission and reimbursement set up
- Define policies, procedures, training and documentation requirements to support effective, well communicated and timely process/policy changes
- Ensure that DaVita remains at the forefront of industry and payor changes that impact the revenue cycle and our ability to submit the cleanest claims
- Meet tight deadlines in a time sensitive and resource constrained project environment
- Independently investigate and document complex payor and clearinghouse operating procedures
- Develop innovative solutions to complex billing problems and provide recommendations with regard to new initiatives
- Identify, recommend and enact opportunities for learning and teaching within the department
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage large amounts of data to analyze and identify opportunities based on the findings
- Quickly learn current processes and constraints to develop vision for optimal business processes related to the revenue cycle
- Provide data-driven analysis and define business opportunities
- Achieve radical, measurable performance improvements in a scaled operation
- Illustrate past experiences in process improvement and strategic quantitative analyses
- Make key recommendations and decisions for resolution with payors
- Identify root cause of claim exceptions - resolve - and / or escalate issues and make recommendations for business action as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution
- Responsible for interpreting policy as it relates to exceptions and make key decisions on business actions to resolve
- Meets with manager to discuss key success metrics and establish deliverables
- Maintain knowledge of ESRD/MSP laws and changes
- Minimize bad debt by ensuring timely follow-up of unpaid claims, resolution of denials and other payor-related correspondence
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with supervisor / manager to discuss key success metrics regarding billing activity, DSO, account setup requests, denials and A/R reports
- Collaborate closely (in conjunction with Manager) with internal Revenue Operations teams to obtain needed information / updates to bill payors
- Become proficient in all areas of revenue cycle and support other functions as needed below:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal operational constituents
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Some light travel required
- Drive special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Healthcare background and experience highly desirable and preferred
- Previous project management experience highly desirable and preferred
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Proven ability to own and be responsible for key projects and processes
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage large amounts of detailed information
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete projects with tight deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to influence peers on other teams and build strong relationships across organizations
- Ability to demonstrate poise and assertiveness in holding co-workers to project deadlines
- Willingness to vary job responsibilities as required to meet the business needs
- Intermediate computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Essential Traits for Success (but not limited to):
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization, external insurance companies, and patients
- Ability to explain insurance information to audiences with varying degrees of familiarity with material
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups and field operators
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required; ability to provide multi-level reporting and communication
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning information accessed
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.