DaVita is currently seeking a highly talented Payroll Support Specialist for our Federal Way, WA Business Office. If you like to problem solve, research and enjoy payroll systems, this may be the opportunity for you!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position performs configuration and setup work to support system functionality of the PeopleNet and Workday applications; functions as subject matter expert for business functionality as it translates to these applications. This position reports to the Payroll Systems Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Tests updates of PeopleNet and Workday system configuration to production client.
Ensures proper use and access controls to the automated PeopleNet and Workday applications as directed and required by the Payroll Office.
Assists in troubleshooting and resolving technical system failures in the automated PeopleNet and Workday applications.
Develops and maintains reports within the automated PeopleNet and Workday systems in support of payroll functions.
Ensures that the service level agreement between departments and the Payroll Office is maintained.
Designs, communicates and implements regular and recurring training sessions for teammates and supervisors on proper payroll processing procedures in the PeopleNet and Workday applications. Documents training performed and any issues or concerns that may arise from training.
Develops and maintains PeopleNet and Workday application training material and user guides for end-users, approvers and Payroll Office staff.
Assists in the drafting of policies and procedures that will help improve company payroll activities, the internal control environment and PeopleNet and Workday systems processing methods which are more efficient and effective than those currently in use.
Ensures compliance with policy & procedures, employee confidentiality laws, and federal, state and local laws as it pertains to compensation and benefits.
Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning information accessed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree preferred
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in payroll demonstrating sound working knowledge of payroll processes and procedures required
Minimum of one (1) years’ experience with PeopleNet and Workday required; experience with comparable timekeeping and payroll systems may be considered
Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Excel required; basic proficiency in MS Access and PowerPoint required; advanced proficiency in Workday and PeopleNet required
Travel may be necessary for training; up to 10%
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate needs
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including ability to listen effectively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Demonstrated ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Self-directed; able to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team and to foster a positive work environment
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.