* This position may be based out of El Segundo, CA or Irvine, CA*
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role assists the Senior Director of Insurance with negotiation, renewal and procurement of the Company’s Property and Liability insurance portfolios. The individual in this role is directly responsible for conducting risk diligence around new acquisitions, divestitures, and business contract review for risk and insurance protection purposes. The job role requires a general but well founded understanding of commercial insurance, commercial contracts, and basic knowledge of multi-line claim handling activities. Critical to this role is the ability to develop and maintain trusted, collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization. This individual works closely with various insurance brokers, claim services vendors, and defense counsel.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Procure and help manage Property and Liability Insurance portfolios.
- Assist with managing the insurance renewal process which includes, but is not limited to obtaining and analyzing underwriting data, determining appropriate risk assumptions and policy terms, collateral requirements, evaluating bids, and presenting proposals to Senior Executives.
- Help oversee insurance brokers’ daily activities, including issuance of insurance certificates
- Review various types of corporate agreements for appropriate insurance, indemnification, and casualty requirements and/or stipulations.
- Conducts in-depth risk and insurance diligence on Company related Mergers and Acquisitions
- Monitor emerging risks by staying informed of internal processes and changing business shifts.
- Generate metric reporting and performs analysis to identity trends and challenges.
- Hire and directs staff to include performance evaluations, mentoring, coaching, and corrective action, if needed
- Makes recommendations to assist in setting policy and procedure, creating and driving goals for the department.
- Helps manage and oversee insurance broker stewardship reporting.
- Provides training and education on insurance and risk mitigation, as needed or requested.
- Escalates exceptions, outliers, or circumstances that are out-of-norm as they occur and seeks guidance in resolution.
- Participate in meetings, prepare and present presentations, and/or lead and collaborate on special projects, as determined by the Senior Director of Insurance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training, as needed
o Knows, understands, and follows all Company and Department policies and procedures
o Flexible schedule and ability to travel is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related area is required.
- Associate Risk Management (ARM) designation is preferred.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Excellent time management capabilities along with a working knowledge and practice of claim functions coupled with analytical abilities.
- Excellent leadership qualities in the supervision of staff, with ability to motivate.
- General knowledge of insurance contracts, including legal aspects of court procedures affecting legal liability.
- Excellent MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), Web applications, and well known industry risk and claims systems is critical.
- Commitment to the Company’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and initiative in working within departmental and corporate guidelines, including the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with material.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Self-directed; able to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment.
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to deliver requested output timely and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening; ability to analyze information quickly and accurately with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives.
- Must be trustworthy, and willing to be entrusted with highly confidential information.
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.