Join the DaVita Kidney Care village as an Insurance Counselor helping our patients in San Mateo.
You will provide guidance and information to patients on insurance and the implications of different insurance options to allow patients to make informed insurance decisions.
As an Insurance Counselor within this area you will cover San Mateo county including clinics in the following cities: Daly City, South San Francisco, Burlingame, San Mateo, Redwood City & Foster City. You will be 'remote based', but traveling among the clinics to visit with your patients, most of which will be on the treatment floor receiving their dialysis. We anticipate up to 85% of your time will be out on patient visits, but there is a lot of flexibility with your schedule to minimize peak traffic hours on the road.
As an Insurance patient guide you will ensure that commercial patients’ insurance questions are addressed and resolved, assist in securing secondary coverage for Medicare No Secondary patients, and assist under-insured and uninsured/pending coverage patients with eligibility and/or coverage options.
Your role as an Insurance Counselor requires accurate and timely patient, revenue, and treatment trend reporting to the Group insurance Manager and operations teams that it supports.
Insurance Retention: Act as a liaison between patients, facility teammates, billing office and the corporate office to resolve patient insurance issues and/or concerns
Patient Interaction: Provide information to patients to help them find and/or secure all options for insurance coverage
Facilitate weekly team calls: partnering with facility and billing office teammates to ensure smooth registration process
Reporting: Provide monthly reporting and analysis on key metrics related to patient growth and retention to senior management
Qualifications for our shining star for an Insurance Counselor at DaVita:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Independent, autonomous, self-motivated- you will "own" your area and will need to have the discipline and passion for your success (and that of your patients'!)
- Comfortable being 'remote based', while being willing to commit to upwards of 85% daily commuting within San Mateo county
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with Medicare and Medicaid insurance as well as commercial insurance plans and benefits (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Indemnity) preferred
- Most importantly we are looking for someone with a passion to guide our patients to make the very best decisions for themselves
- Current California driver’s license in state of residence and insurable driving record required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a healthcare organization working with clinical staff and patients preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.