DaVita is currently seeking a highly talented Accounting Manager for our Strategic Initiatives Accounting Team in Federal Way, WA.
At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
DaVita is currently looking for a stellar Accounting Manager to be based out of our Federal Way, WA business office. This position provides management and accounting support for our strategic initiative and ancillary businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and direct accounting analyst staff responsible for the oversight of our SBI and ancillary businesses and consolidated accounting functions.
- Ensure department policies and procedures are maintained and improved in order to promote department efficiencies
- Oversee the month end accounting close and reporting processes for our SBI’s.
- Oversee the accurate completion of the reporting packages and analytics for presentation to the CAO/VP of Accounting/Controller
- Research and advise on accounting policies and procedures to ensure transactions are properly accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP standards as they relate to new and/or existing business lines.
- Research, interpret, and assist with implementation of changes in accounting standards for our SBI’s.
- Primary responsibility for selection, hiring, evaluation, training and development of Accounting Managers and other staff as designated
- Escalate critical issues to senior management as necessary
- Lead and work independently on multiple key projects and/or initiatives
- Liaison with other departments regarding accounting and compliance related matters
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualities that will make your successful in this role:
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in everyday performance and interactions.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with technical material.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the Joint Venture Accounting organization with professionalism, integrity and accountability
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention to detail, follow through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
- Self-directed; able to work both independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment.
- Strong analytical ability, expensive experience with communicating financial statement performance, ability to resolve issues, able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA, Public Accounting and/or Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting required, prior managerial experience highly preferred.
- Proficient/strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
The DaVita Village is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.