About DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc.
DaVita Kidney Care is a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of dialysis services in the United States, DaVita Kidney Care treats patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
As of December 31, 2015, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,251 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 180,000 patients. The company also operated 118 outpatient dialysis centers located in 10 countries outside the United States. DaVita Kidney Care supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
The Records and Information Manager will report directly to the Information Governance Leader and will be responsible for managing DaVita Kidney Care’s Records and Information Management function, and for working with the Information Governance Leader to set goals and strategic direction for that function. The Records and Information Manager supports and consults with all areas of the Kidney Care organization on matters relating to management, storage, retention, and destruction of corporate records and information. In addition, the Records and Information Manager provides training and guidance to the organization (including designated records coordinators within the organization’s departments and business units) on records management policies and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of DaVita Kidney Care’s records and information management policies, guidelines, and records retention schedule
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the records and information management program
- Leads records retention and destruction efforts to reinforce compliance, recordkeeping best practices, and industry standards
- Provides training and guidance to departments and business units on records and information management policies and guidelines, and on managing the lifecycle of physical and electronic corporate records
- Advises management on records and information management policies and practices and serves on related management committees
- Responsible for the management of all recorded information, physical and electronic, generated and maintained by the business
- Develops and maintains communication plan to increase leadership knowledge, buy-in, and visibility of the records and information management program
- Partners with the Information Technology department to develop best practices and procedures for managing electronic information
- Partners with legal department on records preservation and information gathering as appropriate
- Participates on Advisory Committee composed of business representatives responsible for, among others, Compliance, Privacy, Audit, and IT functions
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Library Sciences, or related subject required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of corporate records and information management experience required
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) desired
- Knowledge of Health Information Management (HIM) and/or AHIMA Certification a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organization and planning skills, including project management
- Maturity and flexibility to work effectively with senior management and teammates across the enterprise
- Ability to lead, influence, and motivate people without direct reporting authority
- Ability to perceive and analyze problems, plan and develop alternatives, and implement solutions
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.