About DaVita Inc.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and HealthCare Partners. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company's clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation. As of September 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,318 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 199,000 patients. The company also operated 139 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States.
HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group, manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of September 30, 2016 HealthCare Partners provided integrated care management for approximately 750,000 patients. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
The Records and Information Manager will report directly to the Information Governance Leader and will be responsible for managing DaVita Kidney Care’s Records and Information Management function, and for working with the Information Governance Leader to set goals and strategic direction for that function. The Records and Information Manager supports and consults with all areas of the Kidney Care organization on matters relating to management, storage, retention, and destruction of corporate records and information. In addition, the Records and Information Manager provides training and guidance to the organization (including designated records coordinators within the organization’s departments and business units) on records management policies and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of DaVita Kidney Care’s records and information management policies, guidelines, and records retention schedule
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the records and information management program
- Leads records retention and destruction efforts to reinforce compliance, recordkeeping best practices, and industry standards
- Provides training and guidance to departments and business units on records and information management policies and guidelines, and on managing the lifecycle of physical and electronic corporate records
- Advises management on records and information management policies and practices and serves on related management committees
- Responsible for the management of all recorded information, physical and electronic, generated and maintained by the business
- Develops and maintains communication plan to increase leadership knowledge, buy-in, and visibility of the records and information management program
- Partners with the Information Technology department to develop best practices and procedures for managing electronic information
- Partners with legal department on records preservation and information gathering as appropriate
- Participates on Advisory Committee composed of business representatives responsible for, among others, Compliance, Privacy, Audit, and IT functions
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Library Sciences, or related subject required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of corporate records and information management experience required
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) desired
- Knowledge of Health Information Management (HIM) and/or AHIMA Certification a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organization and planning skills, including project management
- Maturity and flexibility to work effectively with senior management and teammates across the enterprise
- Ability to lead, influence, and motivate people without direct reporting authority
- Ability to perceive and analyze problems, plan and develop alternatives, and implement solutions
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.