At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work. Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for the Talent Management Manager role with DaVita.
Here's what you can expect as a Talent Management Manager at DaVita:
We are currently seeking a People Services Manager with deep Industrial/Organizational Psychology expertise to join our Talent Management group. We're looking for a business savvy project manager who can partner with People Services and our national multi-site facilities. This position with have oversight of our company wide competency models, assessments, and other special projects within talent management. This position will report to the Senior Director of Talent Management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the design and execution of job analysis and competency modeling projects, as well as assessment solution design, validation, implementation, and evaluation.
- Provide thought leadership and serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of competency modeling and job analysis , talent management, selection assessment, and leadership development
- Conduct statistical analyses to help identify data driven solutions and identify impact of solutions on the business - analyze selection process results; conduct validation and ROI analyses.
- Manage vendor relationships; specifically partner with external vendors and oversee the design and implementation of selection and development assessments for all levels of teammates (from entry level to executive)
- Drive vision of assessment creation that maps to business needs
- Partner with People Services and Wisdom teams to effectively integrate talent strategy across various functions and activities. Examples include but are not limited to recruiting/selection work processes, performance management processes, HR analytics reporting, and learning/development initiatives
- Work hand in hand with our field operators to help determine business needs to inform talent initiatives and tools.
- Proactively support integration of talent strategy and initiatives into the broader People Services project portfolio.
- May also contribute to projects related to survey design and implementation, performance management, etc.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Masters degree required; PhD preferred in the field of I/O Psychology, HR, O/D or other related field
Experience in the field of Healthcare is preferred
Strong DaVita mission and values fit
Minimum of four (4) years project management experience with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and adjusting priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
Experience managing and analyzing data with statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS)
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
Demonstrated ability to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, strength in analytics
Travel required: Up to 10%
Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.