GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As a Nurse Graduate, you would provide professional nursing care under a licensed Registered Nurse in the Acute Hospitals and Sub-Acute Facilities (“Hospital”) that have contracted with DaVita to provide dialysis to patients of the Hospital and under the license of the Hospital.
The Genesys Hospital Nursing Role is a Monday - Saturday (No Sundays), as a newly graduate nurse you will be working and training a variety of days, shifts are mostly days and there is no on call during your training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in creating plans and provides patient care for the pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in the hospital in accordance with physician orders, DaVita policy and procedures as well as hospital policy and procedures
- Provides quality direct patient care and renal replacement therapies independently, in a professional, considerate and respectful manner under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Interacts and communicates with hospital partners in a collaborative, respectful manner, gives pre/post treatment report through appropriate reporting process to hospital primary RN/Staff under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Documents patients’ physical assessment, vital signs, treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records and brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and, discusses issues with the overseeing registered nurse and nephrologist
- Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient’s physician
- Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the DaVita approved flow sheet or hospital EMR
- Demonstrates the ability to transfer skill set and work in other Hospital settings when required
- Attends Hospital orientation, homeroom meetings, and mandatory in-services as required
- Verifies accurate charges and documentation are submitted in a timely manner
- Enters ACOI Data accurate and in a timely manner
- Understand own professional limitations and seeks appropriate assistance when required
- Other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply. OR email Lori.Howell@davita.com
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.