This position is responsible for maintenance, storage and utilization of the dialysis facility inventory and inventory system in accordance with DaVita's Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, CMS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Establish and maintain inventory records for all dialysis supplies (including purchase orders and inventory transaction audits), logs, files, returns, obsolete/expired items, emergency orders, manual purchase orders and ensure appropriate levels of supplies, medications and equipment are available at all times using the automated inventory system; adjust processes to accommodate facility patient growth and item changes
- Order, receive, and issue supplies including medications daily; perform daily, weekly and monthly counts of supplies and reissue using the computerized system according to set standards; record supplies provided to other modalities (PD, Acute, Home Hemo, etc.)
- Stock treatment areas daily and provide supplies, including medications, to staff
- Maintain inventory on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis and ensure that supplies do not expire before usage; record inventory receipts, issues and transfers on a timely basis
- Print and review system reports and inventory transaction audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as scheduled; submit reports to FA and review reports with the Facility Administrator
- Maintain neatness, cleanliness and safety of stock room per policy and regulations
- Communicate with management, staff, purchasing agents and vendors regarding supply delivery and notify Facility Administrator of any unusual incidents
- Participate in facility QA/CQI process
- Perform duties and responsibilities of other positions in the clinic including, but not limited to Reuse Technician and Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant as required
- Participate in team nursing and promote team concept in all facility activities; proactively assist other staff in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and as allowed by state regulations (i.e. look for ways to help)
- Consistent, regular attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.