Title: Vice President Corporate
This position is a
critical leadership role at DaVita and will be the lead architect in continuing
and developing new strategies to support and drive Corporate Development.
This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and
direction to support key business objectives, securing and maintaining solid
trusting relationships with physicians and hospitals. This role is
focused on growth, retention and making DaVita a "Partner of Choice".
- Develop and formulate strategic
plans for new medical groups, hospitals, and accountable care
organizations in geographic markets in which DaVita has no or minimal
- Develop relationships with
large or medium size medical groups that are minimally affiliated with
DaVita which will enable them to expand into new markets
- Actively participate in 2 to 3
year planning sessions with the Operations Teams in specified geographic
- Pursue and close strategic
relationships with large physician practices, hospitals, and accountable
care organizations to include acquisition, joint venture relationships and
other related partnerships.
- Responsible for meeting goals
established for growth and staying within expense budget.
- Provide leadership and
directional support to the Corporate Development Team
- Marketing and analysis of
statistical reports addressing growth opportunities.
- Prepare executive-level
presentations to share with leadership
- Lead strategy sessions with
divisional leadership teams on new business
- Act as a strategic thought
partner with Divisional Vice Presidents and their regional operating teams
to evaluate growth opportunities
- Maintain awareness and
knowledge of competition; proactively assess related strengths,
weaknesses, opportunities, and threats; analyze and implement effective
- Develop and maintain effective
relationships with physicians consistent with DaVita code of conduct and
- Maintain a liaison relationship
with Group General Counsel and assigned Group leaders
- Travel required: up to 50%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree required;
Master's degree preferred; MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years'
progressive management experience required
- Healthcare provider operating
experience strongly preferred; dialysis or similar provider services
- Demonstrated track record of
successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial
- Demonstrated experience in
planning and managing at strategic and operational levels
- Advanced computer skills and
proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate skills and proficiency in
MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Strong project management
- Excellent communication skills
including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to senior
- Ability to build strong
relationships across cross-functional teams
- Ability to maximize resources
to accomplish key metrics
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
with colleagues, physicians, and teammates to create a results-driven,
team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to
function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated
- Excellent written, verbal, and
interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen
attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the
- Professional demeanor and
ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence
- Demonstrated relationship-building
skills and ability to be "other-oriented"; ability to appreciate
people with different backgrounds and points of view
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial
openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues
differently; a visionary; intellectually agile
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to
achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact
DaVita's position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and
attitudes; able to recognize unique contributions of individuals and
- Demonstrated business acumen;
able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to
understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact
- Demonstrated ability to bring
innovative thinking to the operations and management of acute and chronic
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.