This position leads the coordination of clinical resources in delivery of quality cost effective care to VillageHealth (VH) members. This position develops training and leads team, care, and process changes to achieve the next level of performance in clinical outcomes. This position mentors and coaches assigned teams of VillageHealth Nurses (VHNs) to achieve performance and outcome expectations, increase skills, and professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Facilitates initial training and provides support and mentoring to new VillageHealth Nurses (VHNs) in patient care delivery, policies, procedures, systems and reports.
- Develops course content, training materials, educational tools, and policies related to new processes in collaboration with the education team, Subject Matter Experts, and Regional Operations Managers (ROMs).
- Oversees existing training material and updates on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the education team.
- Independently conducts audits of VHNs’ work and patient results and creates action plans as needed.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring of team members to enhance job satisfaction and retention. Provides ongoing coaching and oversight to VHNs on prioritization and time management of tasks and responsibilities.
- Works with ROM to analyze and maintain monthly scorecards and other related reports and creates action plans and follows up as needed for each VHN.
- Provide feedback to ROM on performance, strengths, opportunities for improvement, and development/growth potential on a monthly basis
- Conducts site visits with assigned team members as required by outside agencies and VillageHealth internal audit processes.
- Knows and complies with:
- DaVita patient care policies and procedures
- Standards necessary to maintain organizational accreditation (such as NCQA)
- State or federal regulations of the Injury Prevention and Safety Training Program
- Nursing practice acts as required by state
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Travel required: up to 75% depending on market; may include overnight travel
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N. preferred
- Current RN license in state of practice
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in clinical nursing required; Five (5) years preferred; renal nursing experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare performance coaching preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing to data driven outcomes and process improvement
- Experience developing and delivering training materials
- Current CPR certification; Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred
- Current driver’s license with positive driving record required; ability to meet requirements of insurance coverage
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.