Integrated care is the future of healthcare, and this is your chance to join the cutting edge of innovation. Join one of DaVita's most exciting strategic business lines, DaVita VillageHealth as Director of Operations Strategy & Innovation! VillageHealth is comprised of a team of passionate professionals who work across the healthcare spectrum to maximize the health and quality of life of a chronically ill population. Our ambitions are not meek – we aim to change the lives of tens of thousands of patients across the country, while simultaneously driving meaningful value for the enterprise. VillageHealth is undergoing rapid growth, and this position will be pivotal in scaling operations and achieving long-term business and clinical success.
To that end, the Director of Strategy & Innovation will take a leadership role in strategic thought, insight generation, experimentation, and implementation of initiatives. They will integrate a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare system, VillageHealth operations, and ESRD patients with strong business acumen to identify and realize the most leveraged opportunities while maintaining credible relationships with leaders from across the organization and of all backgrounds. Topics will likely include:
Large and small scale operating model changes to achieve next-level outcomes
Operationalizing growth strategies for VillageHealth’s government Integrated Care programs
Identification and pursuit of innovative approaches or tools to reduce medical costs
Insight generation through data and process analysis
Market-specific operations strategy and support
The Director will lead a team of highly motivated analysts and managers of various backgrounds, and is expected to effectively manage individual work streams, foster team development, and be a thought partner to market leaders.
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Proactively source innovation including gap analysis of where new products/initiatives could enhance clinical quality and teammate efficiency
· Lead projects from inception (including hypothesis development, research, insight generation) to implementation and iteration
· Create and sustain new operational processes by designing and implementing pilots, getting stakeholder buy-in, measuring success, and providing necessary ongoing support
· Convey findings in a cohesive story, including summarizing insights from analysis; Builds appropriate horizontal and vertical logic in presentation decks
· Present comfortably and compellingly to senior audiences
· Work closely with front-line teammates and develops long-standing relationships with operators and clinicians
· Identify gaps in change management, roles, workflow, and systems needed to achieve our short and long term goals
What are we looking for?
· 4-6 years of post-graduate experience in management consulting, operations improvement or a corporate strategy role preferred; 10+ years of total work experience in progressive roles
· MBA from a top-tier business school or graduate degree in a healthcare related field (MD, MPH, MHA) preferred
· Ability to manage multiple assignments of strategic and/or operational importance, work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with superior attention to detail
· Outstanding conceptual, analytical and strategic skills
· Team first, collaborative attitude
· Strong executive communication/presentation skills, project and team management
· Strong influencing skills; track record of successful client relationship development and ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels.
· Comfort with ambiguity
· Healthcare background preferred
· Willingness to Travel (~30-40%)
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.