As a key member of the Healthcare Analytics and Insights group
at DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a Medical Writer works closely with authors
to develop publications (manuscripts, case reports, commentaries, review articles)
for peer-reviewed clinical journals as well as abstracts, posters, and slide
presentations for scientific congresses. Additionally, a Medical Writer may
lead the publication planning and execution process, providing technical
expertise to the project team. A Medical Writer will, under the
supervision of the Medical Communications Manager, liaise with medical leads,
biostatisticians, safety experts, and health economists to develop publications
for key stakeholders in order to provide timely and effective execution of the
publication plan to support DCR business units.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Having a thorough understanding of the biology of chronic kidney
disease, therapeutics, and competitive scientific data
- Preparing or editing documents for submission to external clients
- Preparing or editing internal documents requiring robust scientific
- Performing QC checks on documents
- Conducting literature searches, reviewing pertinent literature, and
preparing summaries or abstracts, as required
- Supporting DCR activities at scientific congresses
- Preparing and delivering scientific presentations to project stakeholders
and key opinion leaders
- Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core
Values that really matter
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths
to help you reach your potential
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health,
your financial well-being, and your future
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic
kidney failure across the nation
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Advanced degree in the life sciences or a related medical/scientific
field with at least 2 years medical communications and/or postdoctoral
- Knowledge of publication guidelines and best practices
- Experience analyzing and communicating scientific data in peer-reviewed
journal publications and in abstracts and presentations at scientific
- Solid skills in critically appraising scientific literature and conducting
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision;
ability to work remotely in a matrix environment
- Knowledge of pertinent software (eg, MS Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator,
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous medical communications experience in a biotechnology or
- Previous relevant nephrology experience
- Successful track record in publication planning and execution
- Superb written and verbal communication skills; experience in both
scientific and business presentations and communications
- Ability to apply project management skills to advance multiple projects
- Sound working knowledge of ethical, legal, and regulatory guidelines
and requirements applicable to medical and scientific affairs activities
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.