GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The SQL/BI Developer will interpret requirements provided by a team of Business Analysts to develop and maintain a reporting environment that will permit timely and efficient measurement and analysis of business processes for the IT department. These include standard ITIL processes such as Incident Management and Configuration Management, as well Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and other IT processes. The developer will maintain and enhance a dimensional Data Warehouse and an Operational Data Store and help create data dashboards and visualizations using Tableau™, Microsoft Access™ and Excel™. In addition to data management and delivery responsibilities, the BI Developer will assist in defining and maintaining metadata, data dictionaries to support Data Governance across the department. Lastly, on top of development responsibilities, the lead developer will act as a leader for the other developers, measuring and coaching for performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- ETL development, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Develop SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions to support data analysts throughout the department
- Develop and maintain SSIS packages for ETL and data integration systems
- Dimensional data modeling of ITIL and other IT processes
- Database administration including performance monitoring, access management and storage management
- Deliver digestible information through various means (SQL Server™, Microsoft Access™, Excel™, Crystal Reports, PowerPoint™ and Tableau™)
- Partner with developers throughout the department to promote consistency and efficiency
- Partner with product owners to ensure data capture is effective and reliable
- Create and maintain artifacts supporting Data Governance, Management, Delivery, and Analysis
- Promote and embrace Continuous Improvement
- Work efficiently using the agile development paradigm
- Work autonomously in a decentralized work environment
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
- 5 years of experience in SQL Development using SSIS or like technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Intelligence or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling using Microsoft BI or Informatica
- Experience with Tableau™, Cognos™ or similar data visualization technologies
- Exposure and understanding of ITSM Processes (ITIL or ISO 20000)
- Familiarity with the Agile Development paradigm and SDLC processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong analysis and facilitation skills
- Able to consume huge amounts of information and translate them into organized, structured requirements documentation
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple projects and clients
- Experience with ServiceNow™ ITSM Platform
- Experience with SSAS, MDX, or like technologies
- Experience applying Mathematical (Statistical) concepts in data analysis
- Understanding of Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Splunk, Hive a plus
- Understanding of Text Mining and/or NLP a plus
- SPSS, R, S, MATLAB or other statistical analysis tools a plus
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.