GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As a member of the Enterprise DevOps Team, the DevOps Engineer is expected to work with Dev, QA
and Production Operations to serve as a technical SME responsible for the IT Operations Platform as a Service offering.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Design, build and execute against DaVita’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings
• Ingrate and help define requirements for DaVita’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings
• Automate infrastructure and platform service offerings
• Create the design, implementation, and ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
• Serve as a top-tier technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drives escalation/resolution of problems into Development, QA, and Operations teams.
Apply best practices of CI/CD- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (puppet/chef)
• Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for managing the SCM and Development Operations environments.
• Adopt, customize and implement industry standard DevOps policies and DevOps procedures.
• Provide Sr. Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
• Work closely with strategic planning groups to provide future technologies direction that fits executive vision.
• Develop and define process and procedure to proactively manage all pre-production and production environments.
• Work with multiple in-house external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams enterprise-wide to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
• Technology related bachelor's degree preferred.
• 5 years of senior level server administration experience in a large-scale production environment.
• Strong understanding of development workflow and process.
• Strong understanding of quality assurance methodologies, workflow, and process.
• Deep understanding of centralized (n-tier) and decentralized (client/server) environment models.
• Deep understanding of database management, database server clustering and database instance management.
• Extensive experience using virtualization technologies to enhance velocity of pre-production lifecycle environment.
• Proven ability to conceptualize and implement a new architecture/infrastructure based off a BRD (Business Requirements Document).
• Experience with deployment configuration and automation.
• Expertise in building scalable, high performance systems that support entire pre-production lifecycle.
• Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
• Proficient in scripting languages.
• Ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities for multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.