DaVita is currently seeking a stellar Accounting Supervisor for our General Accounting team located in Federal Way, WA!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The purpose of this is to supervise the preparation of accounting and control activities relating to the lease portfolio, including accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual reporting and analysis as well as implementation and monitoring of effective controls in accordance with SOX, GAA, and audits. This teammate is expected to create and manage a high performing staff, participate in the development and implementation of Core Lease Accounting Team policies and procedures,
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Supervise teammates responsible for general accounting functions and support.
- Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Facilitate preparation and review of monthly close packages.
- Prepare audit schedules and answer audit questions.
- Assist with annual budget preparation
Reporting / Analytics:
- Responsible for corporate and field operations financial reporting.
- Prepare, develop and modify recurring and ad-hoc financial schedules and related notes for management reporting.
- Solid understanding of accounting with ability to support and provide recommendations and train new teammates.
- Provide reporting to identify and interpret trends and explain fluctuations.
- Interact with other departments to explain and resolve issues.
- Identify, develop and implement efficient and standardized methods for recurring processes and reporting.
- Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls relating to lease operations
- Identify and investigate data inconsistencies, and system and process opportunities, ensuring the integrity of data in the general ledger.
- Understand business processes and collaborate with teammates throughout the village to provide solutions to improve effectiveness/efficiency of processes.
- Address inquiries from teammates/customers.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Primary responsibility for managing all teammate employment activity such as hiring, writing and conducting teammate annual Performance Development Reviews (PDRs).
- Address teammate issues and escalate to Management/People Services as necessary.
- Provide ongoing training, development, coaching, performance management, and opportunities for growth.
- Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates.
- Work with leadership to establish, communicate, and ensure departmental goals and objectives are achieved.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum (3) years accounting experience; strongly prefer lease accounting experience
- Previous management or supervisory experience, highly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications, and ability to learn new internal systems and tools. Experience with Oracle ERP software preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to probe, question, and listen attentively.
- Demonstrated project management and/or consultative skills when addressing complex inquiries from teammates, customers, and business partners.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communications.
- Ability to work with and apply algebra calculations, probability and statistical inference, and concepts such as fractions, ratios, and percentages to practical situations.
- Ability to make timely and quality decisions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.