DaVita is currently looking for a Paralegal supporting our Legal Operations department. Those who excel in this role are high performers, results driven, and possess a "think outside the box" quality. The ideal candidate would thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment while working collaboratively within a team. Successful teammates in this role possess a high-level of multi-tasking and project management abilities, are very detail-oriented, have exceptional organizational and time management skills, have a "can do" attitude, are flexible and adaptable to change, and are independent thinkers, and most of all, a strong team-player!
Why choose DaVita? Put simply, its more than just a job…it's a lifestyle. Paralegals with DaVita have the opportunity to contribute in a way that makes a positive impact in the lives of thousands! The opportunities for community involvement are abundant and encouraged! With DaVita, you have the chance to work hard, be competitive, and have FUN doing it.
- Reports to Group General Counsel
- Position to be located in Denver, CO.
- This position provides paralegal support to the Operations Team.
- Paralegals in this position have direct client contact in the support of every aspect of the legal needs of the operational groups of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position periodically assists other team members on special projects as needed and must be effective in field interaction.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Draft and prepare medical director and ancillary healthcare agreements.
- Review and prepare analyses of and amendments to operating and partnership agreements and leases.
- Work directly with field support and teammates in remote locations to obtain critical information for drafting medical and healthcare-specific agreements.
- Participate in agreement review process and track related activities (i.e. compliance checklists, expiration tracking, etc.).
- Develop and present training materials on relevant topics including but not limited to MDA fundamentals and compliance basics and conduct training sessions (live and via web).
- Assist and direct, as needed, the training and mentoring of other paralegals including managing group training and informational calls and/or meetings.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of template agreements for the use of the paralegals in support of the operators.
- Actively lead paralegal teams in the development, evaluation, and implementation of new processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Lead in process development and enhancement to ensure best demonstrated practices.
- Assist with real estate document preparation and review as well as real estate disputes.
- Conduct legal research of state and federal laws, regulations, and policies; prepare memoranda summarizing research.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from others within the legal department and the field.
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is a requirement of this position.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned:
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice as needed;
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed or required;
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies and department or company procedures.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Basic Qualifications (but not limited to):
- Completion of an ABA approved Paralegal Program, Paralegal certificate or Attorney Waiver
- 2+ years of paralegal experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Healthcare and law firm experience highly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Traits of success in this position include (but not limited to):
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in all interactions in person and by telephone
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead by example
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model for skills, abilities, and attitude.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames, and meet tight deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow-through
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within scope of responsibilities and with minimal supervision and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to conduct online (Internet) and library research and to obtain resolution to problems
- Ability and willingness to learn and to develop proficiency in new skills
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.