General Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Manager of Training & Education for VillageHealth, the Educator is responsible for the development and implementation of training programs to educate new teammates with DaVita VillageHealth. The Educator hosts live training, develops tools and job aids, and provides ongoing support to assist teammates in their role. The role analyzes current processes, shares best practices, and develops and implements new educational materials to enhance the patient education process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, reviews, revises, and executes teammate education materials for VillageHealth
- Collaborates with the VillageHealth Training and Education Team (VHETT) to develop educational tools
- Supports initiatives to help achieve desired departmental goals
- Proactively identifies and leads training projects to support company growth
- Provides timely submission of all reports and data collection requests
- Facilitates all aspects of training as necessary; coordinates and maintains all logistics as well as completes Teammate evaluations based on responsiveness to training
- Sets up classrooms for training, including packing, moving, and unpacking boxes of materials as needed
- Coaches and mentors new clinical VillageHealth teammates, including a preceptor role as appropriate
- Facilitates live and remote (via WebEx) team meetings, Q&A sessions, and refresher trainings to provide support to new and existing teammates
- Other duties as required
- Travel Required: up to 50%
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading sales and customer service based training classes
- Prior experience in training through multiple mediums (live, web-based, self-directed, etc.)
- Experience in CQI methodology and techniques preferred
- Experience in instructional design a plus
- Prior background in Case Management or social work a plus
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />