This position is responsible for handling inbound calls from patients and facilities on order status, refills and other pharmacy or provider inquiries communicating effectively and professionally via telephone, fax and e-mail with patients, DaVita's dialysis facilities, insurance companies, pharmacies and physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Respond professionally and knowledgeably in accordance with company standards, and other verbal and written training policies to patient inquiries with information regarding benefit plans (co-payments, deductibles, quantity and day supply limitations, etc.) and to other calls from clinics, insurance companies, pharmacies and physicians
- Maintain current knowledge of DaVita Rx policies, procedures, and rules and maintain compliance at all times
- Assist in orientation, training, and mentoring of other CSRs or other DaVita Rx teammates as needed
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives
- Monitor, record and communicate calls as appropriate using computerized documentation systems
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice, as needed
- Attend staff meetings, teleconferences and training as needed
- Meet and/or exceed departmental teammate performance standards
- Know, understand and follow DaVita Rx teammate policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
About DaVita Rx
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 30,000 patients in over 40 states with three high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California and Florida. We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to deliver our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care to help improve our patients' lives. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 500 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA). Our rapid growth and pace of work provide our teammates with an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where you can truly make an impact.
"At DaVita Rx, teammates have a voice. Because we're a relatively new company, you can contribute to how we improve processes and improve the service we give patients. You get a huge sense of reward as a front-line teammate impacting the business." - Chip S, Certified Pharmacy Tech/Team Lead
The Shining Star in this role should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Minimum of one year's experience with pharmaceutical, medical terminology, mail order/PBM (Pharmacy Benefits Manager) in a call center environment strongly preferred
- Electronic document management experience preferred
- Proficiency in using standard office equipment including but not limited to multi-line telephone, fax, and copier
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required; SXC, PC Tracker application familiarity preferred
- Minimum typing speed - 35 wpm
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.