GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Application Developer is responsible for the design, development and support of the Siebel CRM application. This professional will work closely with the Business Analyst and users to understand the business requirements and functional specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Work with the Business Analyst and users to understand the business requirements and functional specifications.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Design, development and support of the Siebel CRM application.
- Work with QA for code/build releases, test case design, and defect resolution.
- Work with Team Lead/Project Manager for planning, estimation, documentation and status reporting.
- Prepare and/or present documentation of technical presentations.
- Provide production support assistance as needed, including production on-call support.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
- At least 5 years experience in an IT Application Developer role.
- At least 5 years supporting the Siebel CRM application.
- BA/BS degree in a technology related field, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple efforts
- Experience with working with packaged/purchased application enhancements, projects, and production support.
- Willingness to Travel (5 - 10%)
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.