Would you like to work for a Fortune 500 company with Core Values such as TEAM and FUN? Then DaVita is what you are looking for! We are currently seeking a SUPERSTAR to join our Village as a Regional Registration Specialist!
A Registration Specialist validates patient insurance information provided by facilities, through the patient intake process, to complete the patient registration process. This teammate ensures timely and accurate claims submission for assigned dialysis centers within a geographic region in accordance with DaVita policies and in compliance with federal and state billing regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and/or maintain ongoing communication with facilities to ensure timely and accurate receipt of each patient's insurance coverage information
- Enter insurance information into billing system
- Verify patient insurance with payors including eligibility and benefits related to outpatient kidney dialysis
- Update Patient Registration and associated systems accurately and as required
- Coordinate and partner closely with Patient Referral Coordinators (PRC) to obtain required documentation for successful patient registration
- Partner with facility and Insurance Management Team to resolve incomplete registrations
- Review registration denials received to determine root cause
- Resolve patient account errors that cause registration denials
- Help identify process changes to prevent failed registrations
- Determine Coordination of Benefits as required; maintain current patient account information at all times
- Follow-up as necessary to ensure insurance changes are verified and line of coverage is reset
- Submit internal requests, including but not limited to RCUs, SMARTFORMS, PCS Inquiries, SPA Requests, etc., to ensure accurate and timely claims submission to the correct payor
- Complete all ancillary reports and assigned projects within established timeframes
- Support Patient Account Representatives and other ROPS teammates as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ healthcare reimbursement experience preferred; experience with admissions, billing, and collections required
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance rules, regulations and Coordination of Benefits for federal, state, and/or managed care payors in multiple states required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.