A future job opening at DaVita awaits!
The Research Pharmacy Technician is an integral member of the pharmacy team responsible for management of investigational product and pharmacy services as directed by the Pharmacist. Position provides support for compounding/dispensing activities, assists in study set-up for the pharmacy, maintains appropriate record keeping, facilitates pharmacy maintenance and cleaning activities, and performs cross-functional duties and responsibilities as needed, all in accordance with DaVita Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, federal (FDA, GCP), state, and local regulations under the supervision of the Pharmacist. This position reports to the Pharmacist.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the State Board of Pharmacy, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Performs pharmacy operational requirements for drug inventory (accepting, storing, dispensing, destruction and quarantine); Inventories, orders and maintains supply of drugs, chemicals and other pharmaceutical stock as required
- Prepares sterile products for administration, determines proper preparation, sterilization, storage and stability requirements of products
- Participates in other pharmacy, clinical floor and cross-functional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Attends team meetings, phone conferences, quality improvement meetings, educational activities, and training as required
- Knows, understands, and follows teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Completes documentation and chain of custody as related to all medications and protocol related activities; Maintains knowledge of research protocols
- Communicates subject and/or trial-related information, updates and concerns to Investigators, Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Operational leadership, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
60,000 career stories and counting…what will yours be?
We are a FORTUNE® 500 company-featured in Training Magazine's Top 125 and Modern Healthcare's 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Certification as pharmacy technician (CPhT) preferred (must be able to obtain certification within 90 days); must be able to maintain licensure with State Board of Pharmacy as required
- Minimum of one year of pharmacy technician experience; IV compounding experience preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems within 90 days of hire or promotion required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated history as reliable, ethical and honest employee
- Travel may be required occasionally at less than 5%
We love our patients. We think you will, too.
What you do is vitally important at DaVita-and in the lives of our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related services in an outpatient setting. Make the most of your skills to provide the highest level of care to our patients and ensure their safety, comfort, and well being.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun on and off the clock, then DaVita is the place for you. We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.