No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company's clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation. As of September 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,318 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 199,000 patients. The company also operated 139 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States.
HealthCare Partners, a DaVita Medical Group, manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of September 30, 2016 HealthCare Partners provided integrated care management for approximately 750,000 patients. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
As an operating division of DaVita’s Kidney Care business, VillageHealth is committed to the vision of providing integrated care to all patients with late-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end stage renal disease (ESRD)—to enhance patient quality of life, improve clinical outcomes and reduce overall costs. VillageHealth partners with health plans, health systems, and government agencies through various programs across the United States to provide integrated care programs to more than 30,000 patients each month. VillageHealth’s programs are built on an integrated model of care, a holistic approach to managing the unique needs of medically complex renal patients across the entire care team and continuum.
DaVita's well-regarded law department counsels all businesses of the Company and provides legal support for all transactions. The attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis.
The DaVita in-house team is known as the "Justice League or the JLD." The Justice League is comprised of over 190 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
Provide legal guidance and support to DaVita’s VillageHealth® subsidiary on regulatory and compliance-related matters, including, but not limited to, Medicare/Medicare Advantage and Medicaid requirements, federal and state data privacy and security laws, federal and state fraud and abuse laws, and other healthcare regulatory laws as such matters arise in the context of integrated care, outpatient acute and outpatient dialysis centers, and related businesses. This attorney’s primary focus will be advising VillageHealth on issues related to healthcare data privacy laws and regulations, with additional emphasis on fraud, waste, and abuse laws and regulations; and drafting and finalization of service agreements and amendments.
- Perform regulatory work and review with focus on analyzing and contracting for flow of electronic health records across enterprise platforms and businesses
- Perform transactional work and review with focus on structures and arrangements that could create risk under state and federal healthcare laws
- Provide general healthcare advice on compliance, regulatory and physician relationship issues including advice on HIPAA and state data privacy laws, Anti-Kickback, Stark Law, and physician entities
- Draft, review and negotiate service agreements with healthcare providers and suppliers
- Review and analyze commercial documents
- Provide counsel to internal business lane leads
- Coordinate with other legal groups on Regulatory, Risk, Compliance and Operational issues
- Provide accurate updates and reporting on organizational risks to managers
- Ability to handle legal and administrative work, help on management processes
- Outside counsel management
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- J.D. Degree with minimum 6 years legal experience in healthcare data privacy matters, and general fraud and abuse laws
- Prior legal experience within healthcare field
- State Bar Admission and good standing
- Understanding and experience with relevant health care compliance issues (i.e., Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, Meaningful Use Certification, HIPAA, practice management issues)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
- Ability to distill and articulate complex legal concepts into clear and crisp “plain English” that clients can readily understand and apply.
- Work with clients proactively to identify risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are employed.
- Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise level objectives.
- Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the “big picture” as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Hands-on, efficient, and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a basis for action and strong sense of ownership.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Candid and personally secure.
- Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.